Healthy Makeover to Comfort Foods
I found this page Comfy Food Gets Healthy on EverydayHealth.com and had to share it…comfort food done better! Baked fries, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, peach cobbler, oh my!
Mac and Cheese
- 2 cup(s) pasta, elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup(s) onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free evaporated
- 1 medium egg(s), beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1 1/4 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, low-fat, finely shredded
1. Cook macaroni according to directions, but don’t add salt to the water. Drain and set aside.
2. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about three minutes.
5. In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!