Lemon Water – Detox, Weight Loss, Health Benefits?
I’ve read in some magazines that for good health drink lemon juice in water first thing in the morning. Lemon juice is actually in some detox diets, and traditional Chinese medicine suggests starting your day with a glass of lemon water. What are the health benefits of lemons?
Reshma Jirage from the website Buzzle.com lists the following:
- Rich in several essential nutrients, vitamin C and antioxidants
- Antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-aging, anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties
- Boosts immune system, improves digestion Traditional Chinese Medicine suggests that you begin your day with refreshing lemon water
- Removes free radicals
- Helps with allergies, relieving symptoms of sore throat, tonsillitis or asthma
- Maintains digestive health, boosts metabolism and improves functioning of the digestive system and prevents like constipation, indigestion, nausea, heartburn and parasites and dissolves gallstones
- Eliminating harmful toxins from the body
- Strengthens the liver functioning increasing enzyme production
- Helps with urinary tract infections (it’s a diuretic)
- Helps arthritis and rheumatism
- Helps with obesity and belly fat
- Improves skin care and hair care, improves acne, eczema
- Help stop nosebleeds, bleeding gums, relieves chapped lips