Eat Clean Diet Recipe – Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
This is a recipe straight from The Eat Clean Diet website!
• 2-3 sweet potatoes, sliced length-wise
• 1/3 cup / 80 ml of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 sweet onion, cut into large chunks
• 1 bulb of garlic
• 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml of rice bran oil or olive oil
• 1/2 cup / 120 ml of canned pumpkin puree
• 2-3 cups / 480 – 700 ml of low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml of fresh lime juice
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a large roasting pan by pouring the olive oil into it, letting it coat the bottom. Cut the sweet potato in half and place in the roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, cut the top of the garlic bulb off and drizzle with rice bran oil. Place in the roasting pan with the other vegetables. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove and let stand.
- Remove sweet potato from the pan and place in a large stock pot. Add the roasted onion and squeeze the roasted garlic flesh in as well. Add the canned pumpkin, 2 cups of chicken stock and lime juice and bring to a boil. Add more chicken stock to make the soup less thick. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until it is evenly smooth. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!