Skewered Shrimp and Zucchini With Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
From EverydayHealth.com….looks yummy!
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream, light or fat-free
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh
- basil, fresh
- 3 tablespoon chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, large
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cayenne
1. For sauce, in a food processor or blender, combine sour cream, the sniped basil, the chives, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. On long skewers,* alternately thread shrimp and zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. In a small bowl, combine oil, orange or lime peel, orange or lime juice, cayenne pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; brush evenly on shrimp and zucchini.
3. Place skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill about 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once.
4. Arrange shredded greens on a serving platter. Top with skewers. If desired, garnish sauce with basil leaves. Serve sauce with skewers.
Calories: 171, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 447mg, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Fat: 6g, Carbs: 10g, Cholesterol: 108mg, Protein: 19g
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!